FontNerd

Monday, December 03, 2007

Happy Anniversary to US!



We had a great weekend. So many of Tim's coworkers have been offered positions in D.C. so we had another going away party Friday night. Going out with the guys and their wives Friday night was nice – he has so many kind and caring coworkers – the few that know about my health issues were almost protective – it was nice.

The Saturday morning we both managed to get appointments with the hair dresser that we share – it’s always nice to get a trim and a professional blow dry before a special evening. I took my coworker to our church’s Christmas Pageant in the afternoon – it was bitter sweet for me simply b/c I’m used to being on stage every year so this was the first show in 5 yrs that I had seats instead. It turned out great though – my coworker loved the show and more importantly she got to see how much the church cares for me – I ran into friendly faces at every turn and all of them were saying how they’ve been praying for me, that they miss me being in the show, etc. So she got to see the real meaning of Christmas *and* the real meaning of “church”. AND we got the hook-up b/c by being such a well-known member of the church an usher actually gave us our Pastor's seats - best in the house to see the entire stage. WOO HOO!

Then Tim took me to a nice dinner at Benihana Steakhouse. We decided not to sit upstairs at the group hibachi tables and instead chose a private 2-seater with a view of the Intracoastal waterway. Such a nice meal, and a great evening. I love him more today than I thought I could 6 years ago. (See photo above!)

Church service was awesome – the pastor preached on prayer and why God doesn’t always seem to answer them… but tru;l he does: Here’s the Cliff’s notes version: When the request is wrong God says No, when the timing is wrong God says Slow Down so he can mature you, and when the request is right he says Go. It was what I needed to hear – the fact that maybe what’s holding back God’s blessing is sin in our lives so it caused Tim and I to stop and really examine ourselves and ask forgiveness for any sin that we’re too ashamed to admit to or confront. I know I’ve been dealing with the sin of jealousy as others seem to have easier lives than us right now. I’ve let go of that slowly but yesterday I truly asked God to work in me to get rid of that spirit of jealousy.

To start the week off right we went to the gym this morning and did 35 mins of light cardio on the elliptical… wish I could say I feel stellar – but it’s still early and I haven’t had my protein bar – plus, getting back on the workout wagon is never easy that first day!


1 Comments:

Blogger Sonya said...

Happy Anniversary! And, Happy *early* Birthday :-) It was great seeing you guys last weekend!

5:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home