Long overdue
I dont even know where to start. An update is long overdue - so much has been happening in our typically-quiet life, and frankly we've been keeping some secrets from our adoring readers.
First, we've been preparing to make a big move. Tim accepted a promotion which was to move us to the D.C. area - we were excited at the prospect but freaked out by the logistics (ok, I was freaked out because let's be honest, the actual MOVE was going to be solely my responsibility). Tim is the dreamer, and I am the doer. The only negative had been how hard we worked to get our house back to livable to then be leaving. When the promotion was offered it was presented with the assumption we would qualify for the company to buy our home if it didn't sell in 90 days. This has been the policy since the beginning of time.
I think we all know Change has come to Washington... blah blah. With this new "change" came the news that we would not qualify for any assistance in actually getting to where Tim's new job would be. With the market the way it is we were facing a possible $60,000 loss on our home - and that's IF we could even sell it. Fat chance in today's economy, especially in our area where the crack house across the street just sold as a foreclosure for $75,000. This doesn't help my property value or the prospect of any sale for us.
Long story short, it was becoming clear that maybe God wants us to remain here. Our life here is good - we have amazing friends, we're close enough to visit family, our church is wonderful - we both have jobs that sustain us, we have a home we can afford -- all signs were pointing to saying "thanks but no thanks".
As much as it breaks my heart to think Tim had to pass on a promotion to do what he loves, he's at peace with the entire situation mainly because he knows it's what's right for our family - and there is a likelihood he could be promoted here in the field and still get the raise in pay, recognition for his abilities, and we could be positioned in a better financial state if we stay here knowing that our ultimate goal is for me to leave the full-time corporate world to pursue other avenues of fulfillment.
So, it's the end of a dream in a way - but a great opening to possibilities here. We already have more irons in the fire as it pertains to our personal life, which will be another update for another day.
Now you're in the know...


3 Comments:
WOW! I love it when we pray for guidance and God makes His plan clear for us! I'm sad you won't be closer to us but glad that you're right where you're supposed to be!
I'm sorry to hear it did not work out...but glad to hear that peace has filled your hearts about it all. Hope everything else is okay. Sending good thoughts your way!
I am sorry it didn't work out, I would have loved to come visit you
Post a Comment
<< Home