So long, farewell, auf wiedersehn, goodbye...
"Why does your face look so sad when you are not ill? This can be nothing but sadness of heart." Nehemiah 2:2
So tomorrow is my last day at my "old job" and it's quite bittersweet. Honestly, I'm sad. It's impossible to be happy for myself when I see how upset everyone else is that I'm leaving. My jack@ss boss did finally apologize. I guess I should backtrack and explain his moods: first he was genuinely MAD. Then it moved to hurt and that's when he lashed out and said the hurtful things. He then moved to fear and begging... he was literally trying to be cute and coy with his "how about now" question every five minutes of whether or not he would consider. And now I think he's reserved himself to reality... realizing that my last day is tomorrow and he has to deal with the reality of life without Heather to use and abuse. He didnt even speak to me today.
The added stress of a new job and all the paperwork hoops, drug test, credit check, etc has been causing some tension in our home... both Tim and I have been so busy lately there hasn't been much time for each other, let alone much time to be *extra special nice* to each other so I'm ready for this stress to pass so we can get back to our life as normal.
Mother's Day is this weekend and I pray the presents were ordered for our moms arrive on time!
Speaking of presents..my sis did the nicest thing!!! She ordered me this to celebrate my new job:
It has my initials and I'm so ready to pack it with my new business cards. I had a good laugh that at my "old job" I was given like 500 cards and sure enough I have about 2/3 left after 2 years! Clearly this communications person wasnt ever allowed out of her cage.
I'm sure tomorrow will come with mixed emotions (is stress an emotion? I'm sure there will be emergencies that can't possibly be solved without me.) Anyone wanna make bets as to how soon after I depart before they call about something? Thursday, Friday? Monday even?


1 Comments:
No phone calls from me...
Promise...
At least for the first day...
Will you answer emails though?
*grin*
Best wishes to you!
P.S. Don't pull a Delgado and fall of the face of the planet.
Post a Comment
<< Home