FontNerd

Monday, October 30, 2006

Great weekend -- Difficult Monday

We had a blast at our church Western Date Nite... here's a pic to prove it



We visited with Tim's family this weekend -- had a blast watching Cooper swim, and holding our sweet nephews, and catching up with the adults. We enjoyed football games, and our hockey team got beat. Then it was back to the real world...

And that brings me to Monday --- about 11 a.m. my boss had a meeting with the CEO and shortly after the rest of my team was called in. I assumed it was to discuss the replacing of a manager at one of our branches since we were dealing with a PR firestorm. Instead, we were hit with shocking news -- our department head's position had been eliminated and just like that she's out of a job. I was surprised all of us kept straight faces, but the pit in our guts grew even if our faces couldn't show our shock.

The rest of the day is a blur. They had shut off her email before she even returned to her office with 2 pathetic cardboard boxes to pack her stuff and go. We were able to take her to lunch as a group (there's 5 of us gals who reported to her, and we're a pretty tight bunch) and then that was it.

I really owe her a lot and I'm going to miss her. And we were later affirmed that our jobs are all safe. And now, more than ever, I believe that because with no Communications Director us lower level folks are going to be expected to fill the gaps.

So, tomorrow should be a little more lighthearted since it's Halloween and we have an office party and my team is all dressing as "80s Ladies" -- big hair, unmatching clothes, bright make up, etc.

More to follow then...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home