One day changes everything
So, I'm enjoying "unemployment" for the short 2 days that it lasts. Yesterday was bittersweet saying goodbye to people with whom I've shared 2 years of my life. And you all know me, I'm a very "open book" kind of gal so I allowed these folks to really get to know me... never easy walking away from friends.
They were almost too kind to me... gave me roses, balloons, cookie cakes, and cash money for some new work clothes to "dress to impress" at the new job. Waking up this morning was more like a sick day or just a holiday or something and not like an end of an era. I'm sure Monday getting up to go to the new office will be equally surreal.
I relate it kind of to the first day of school -- you're so excited to see your friends and meet your teachers that you don't realize there is always a second day of school and the allure of using your new lunchbox and wearing new school clothes wears off FAST.
My boss did finally apologize, taking me aside on Thursday last week to tell me he reacted out of anger and fear and that he was sorry for saying that I basically got this new job as some kind of revenge on him.
I will post pics from the last day later -- gotta find my CD in the tons of crap I took home from the office. I have lunch plans tomorrow with a gal pal who works near my home and then it's off to drop a gift at a friend's who just had a baby 2 weeks ago, then shopping at Sawgrass with some of the generous gift money :)


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home