FontNerd

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

The sweet end

Goodness, I can't believe I haven't updated my blog since Nov! Sorry about that ... here's the basics of what's happened in the 3 weeks since I last posted.

Many of you know that we're involved in a very elaborate Christmas production at our church. It runs for 3 weeks, we do 19 performances of a 2. 5 hour "Broadway" style show with singing, dancing, acting, live animals, a real baby "Jesus", etc. We completed the shows this past Sunday and this year's pageant was so annointed by God. More than 1200 people came to a saving knowledge of Christ and finally get to enjoy the real gift of Christmas.

Here are some photos:

The real star of the show... joking, it's just Tim ushering one of the final shows (notice the bandage on his hand from some wrist surgery on the 6th.)



And here I am before going on stage, with my fellow pageant buddy Marla



And finally, a shot of me "doing my thing" on stage with the choir during our concert portion of the show. I was "promoted" this year from being in the back to actually sitting front and center on the first row of "stool ladies" which meant all my friends could see me, and I got to wear cute shoes since I didnt have to stahnd for the 20 minute concert.



This pageant is a blessing, but it's also a difficult thing during December considering I still have a full time job that I have to go to after doing shows 5 days a week, I still have to shop for gifts, try to keep the house clean, and with Tim's wrist surgery he wasn't able to help as much as he has in years passed so we just pray and God carries us through. In all truth, I had more energy and didnt get sick this year, which is a miracle! I prayed this year for the ability to witness to my coworkers by being the energetic person I typically am, because what kind of witness would it be if someone came in every day drained and cranky after doing something so wonderful for the Lord?

Other quick updates: my health is great. I am still in therapy every other week but no more numbness and back/neck pain seems to be managable on my own. Tim hasnt worked the entire month of December since he had so much use or lose time. Boy will January be a rude awakening for him! Ha! He's heading to see our college team play in a bowl game right before Christmas so we're praying for travelling mercies, and for a BIG WIN since we've lost our other 2 bowl appearances.

I'll post more pics soon, I promise... since my new camera is awesome!

1 Comments:

Blogger Zloofah said...

Sing it girl-you look so natural! Thanks for using your talents for God!

6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home