New jobs, new babies, and new waterspots
I have survived my first few days at the new job... and while I always welcome change I am also a comfort-junky at heart so this transition is difficult. I have to remind myself that the first few weeks at any new place is difficult because even the most detailed job description means nothing if there is no one to train you. I can remember when I started my last job I didn't even know what MLS was and now I'm at a major real estate company which I never would have seen coming 2 years ago so I have to have patience and pray for good guidance... if we could fast forward to 2 weeks from now I'm sure I will be impressing them as I did at my last place of employment.
Things I like: the commute, the corporate culture where it's cool to be a team player and it's cool to believe the company's mission and vision statements, the prospect of growth and ways to expand my abilities, and new clothes (thanks to the friends at the RAG and Ann Taylor!)
Things I'm not liking (yet): Not knowing what to do, how even the girl I share an office area with seems to email me instead of turning around (next time I hear her typing I'm gonna call her desk phone and ask why she doesn't turn around and talk to me!), there is another Heather in my department (graphics) so people are calling me Heather2... don't they know *I'm* the original!!!
Welcome to the world to my friend Heather and her new baby Daniel Vincent (and, of course, I'm doing her birth announcements!)
Our roof sprung a leak after 2 days of non-stop rains... we needed it so badly so I won't curse God just yet but the spot that developed after Trop. Storm Dennis last year once again is soaked and HUGE in our office... I get sick to my stomach when I look up and see it. We can't figure out where it's leaking from and we all know Tim's not the most handy when it comes to home improvements... so I'm sure it's gonna be my problem to fix. I just REFUSE to get into the attic, it's creepy, hot and dark... so I don't know how to proceed yet -- guess we wait to get up there, take the insulation out so it doesn't mold, see if we can tell where and why it's leaking and path whatever is causing it to leak? I just can't understand how we made it through Hurricanes Katrina and Wilma with direct hits to my area and 100+ mph winds and no leaks, and now 2 days of light steady rain and I have this massive waterspot?
Anyhow, the first half of the first week is over... going to go get a good rest and clean my kitchen... see ya next time.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home