FontNerd

Friday, October 24, 2008

Opinions wanted (even if I dont end up listening!)

Here's the progress from last night - decision time on the vanity... with or without the backsplash??


Here's the rest of what was done - faucets are in, the sink leaked a little, the tiles still need another good wipe down - but overall I'm getting super excited. Oh yeah, and the toilet is back in which is good bc the hotel I've been in all week was sold out so I couldnt extend my stay... so I'm at home tonight with or without facilities ;)

Again, ignore the paint and walls - they will all be primed and painted maybe even this weekend if I can't wait - I'll do it myself!

3 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

You know... I like it both ways.

I think without wins out for me. Here's why.

The sink is nice and curved. The backsplash is quite square. It's a bit of a discord between the two. If you can get the top corners of the backsplash cut so they are rounded, and get that top edge finished the same as the face of the top.

If you leave it off for now, you can always put it on later. You could also just set it there and try a week without it and a week with it and see which you like better.

9:57 AM  
Blogger Angela Wade said...

Yay! You have a potty!

And I agree with Mike completely. I couldn't put my finger on it, but the square edges are the issue. It seems like it needs a backsplash when you see it without, but it looks funny with it. If it were curved, I think it might look just right.

9:02 AM  
Blogger ImmediateMom said...

well good news, pretty much everyone else likes it without as well... phew! finally something everyone can agree on!

8:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home